Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crispy Bacon

About a month ago I was banned from making hash browns due to the fact it was my 100th time to burn them crispy. I just couldn't figure out the right time to flip them so then I would end up scrambling then which lead to tiny burnt pieces of hash brown. Yummm. This morning we headed to the grocery store to get some breakfast materials. Bjorn picked up the hash browns and confirmed he would be cooking those. Great. I handled the bacon which I put in the oven thinking there was no way I could mess that up. Umm, wrong. Below is the result.





You couldn't even touch it without it crumbling in your fingers so we ended up having egg/cheese/bacon bit bagels. I'm not sure the kitchen is where I belong. Here are my latest failures.

* Attempted to make Dr. Oz's fettucini alfredo but substitute califlower to make the alfredo sauce. I may have forgotten some of the ingredients leaving us with what looked like mashed potatos on top of pasta. Bjorn couldn't even finish it which means it's pretty awful.

* Forgot about my brownies leaving them in the oven for an extra 20 minutes. Crispy.

* Made a really yummy macaroni casserole but then dropped it on the ground. I cried.

* Accidentally tripled the amount of garlic in a pasta dish leaving Bjorn and I with horrible breath for 2 days...Oh did I mention I forgot to cook the garlic?

* Made pancakes that looked like crepes and tasted like cardboard..I think I forgot baking soda.

I think that's enough self deprecation for now:)

One day I hope to become a FABULOUS cook..until then, I will continue to burn, drop and forget:)

No comments:

Post a Comment