Life has been busy, busy, busy while at the same time, going great! We have been talking about buying a house for some time now and looks like Spring 10' is going to be when it's happening! I get so excited everytime our realtor Rochelle sends us new houses (6 months later I finally get her name right. I'd say "Bjorn did Racel, Rachel, Robin, Reene send any new updates??" I'm not sure why that was so complicated for me to learn..hmmm. Anywho, she is great and some of the houses she has sent us are fabulous! Even the foreclosures, which is great because currently Minnesota is taking $.60 to the dollar. We have decided on a location: Hudson, Wisconsin. At first I wasn't sure about moving to Wisconsin, I mean I JUST got to Minnesota 2 years ago-but it's basically the second exit after you cross into WI which is only 17 minutes from where we are now (downtown St. Paul). Sooo after figuring that fact out, I felt a little better. Petri has been telling us how excited he is to finally have a backyard. The city streets are usually clean but lately this particular homeless man whom Tara and I call "Ranky Richard" keeps barfing on the plants and sidewalk right outside our building! It's gross. I used hand sanitizer on Petri's paws the other day because I thought he may have stepped in some of the leftovers. He wasn't too happy about-neither was Bjorn-he thinks I go a little 'overboard' with the sanitizer....he's probably right. Lately I've become a bit of a germ freak. For example, I went grocery shopping the other day and usually I would be all over the free samples of chips with dip but this time was different. I began to think, what if someone who didn't wash their hands after they wiped accidentally touched the side of a chip that they didn't pick up-then I picked it up and BAM..I have poop germs in my mouth. Crazy..I know. I should probably work on that....
Bjorn's work is going great. He made conference for 2010 which is super exciting...I love the 'paid for by Thrivent' trips, haha:) This Summer we went to Washington D.C. for conference and in 2010 it will be in San Francisco. Thrivent has asked him to open up an office in Hudson (one of the main reason we are moving there) which is such a great opportunity for him and his career. It looks like January 10' is the tentative open date. He is very excited and is going to have a very busy next couple of years.
Visiting my Papa on our D.C. trip in July. It was a very special moment. I hadn't seen him since he was put in the wall in 2003. Miss him lots.As for myself, I have some good news-after months of debating I've decided I'm going back to school! I always said I'd never go back and was so excited to be done but the more I kept thinking about it, the more I thought it was the right decision. I'm going back for Respiratory Therapy which is far from my Sociology and Communication undergrad degree. It was Danielle Berland who actually gave me the idea. One day we were talking about me wanting to go back for Nursing and she asked if I had looked into Resp. Therapy. After doing a bunch of research I found it so interesting. I shadowed a few therapist at United Hospital here in downtown and decided to go for it. Classes start Dec. 1st and I will be doing my clinicals at United-so excited about that because it's such a great and clean hospital...well as clean as you can get for a hospital..:)
So that should pretty much catch everyone up! This weekend is Wisconsin's open weekend for hunting (which I'm starting to learn more about-I shot a rifle for the first time a few weekends ago, eeks. I was soo scared, it's so loud! After we were finished at the range, Bjorn bragged about how he taught me to shoot..so cute:) Anywho, Bjorn left Friday to head up to Cumberland for boys weekend. Maybe he will shoot something this year....ehhh probably not:) Steph and I had a girls shopping day today. My intention was to get a head start on Christmas shopping but I left with only two presents and a pair of shoes for myself...oops. Going to the Vikings game tomorrow with Steph and Shawn (they've adopted me for the weekend). Packer game in Lambeau last weekend and Viking game this weekend..so fun!
First shot...eeks.
The ProThat's all for now!
Hakuna Matata...It means No Worries...
No comments:
Post a Comment